The announcement is the culmination of a countdown teaser website that’s been ticking for more than a week. Fans speculated when the teaser site popped up that the jungle landscape it depicted was an area from the Warhammer universe, and they were right.
The sequel to last year’s Total War: Warhammer and the second of what’s planned to be a trilogy, Total War: Warhammer 2 will cast players as one of eight lords across four Warhammer races. The game’s Steam page promised distinct play styles, campaign mechanics, narrative elements, armies, monsters, legendary characters, and battlefield bombardment abilities for each race.
The YouTube description dropped some more info on the game:
“Sequel to the award-winning Total War: Warhammer, Total War: Warhammer 2 introduces a breathtaking campaign of exploration, expansion and conquest across the New World. As one of four unique races, players will seek to save or disrupt the Great Vortex and decide the fate of the world.
Players who own the original game will get to play a unique “combined campaign” that features the maps from both games.
Creative Assembly, which also co-developed the recent Halo Wars 2, is also working on an unannounced historical Total War game, a secret game in development by a “black ops task team,” additional content for the first Total War: Warhammer, and the in-development, free-to-play Total War: Arena.
- Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp delayed to spring 2022
- The Mandalorian Season 2 trailer brings Baby Yoda back into our lives
- Disney confirms it will take a break from Star Wars movies after Episode IX
- Director Colin Trevorrow leaves 'Star Wars: Episode IX' over creative differences
- ‘A Total War Saga’ substitutes sweeping eras for pivotal points in history