Activision today announced it will team with Nielsen Entertainment to develop a new initiative that, for the first time, will allow video game companies to supply advertisers with audience measurement metrics to help them assess the impact of in-game ad exposure. The new initiative will provide tools for advertisers to effectively measure everything from ad exposure to demographics to audience recall when it comes to video game use. The two companies announced the new initiative today at a press briefing at the Museum of Television and Radio in New York City.
Activision and Nielsen Entertainment also released today the results of a major research survey titled, “Video Game Habits: A Comprehensive Examination of Gamer Demographics and Behavior in U.S. Television Households.” The study, which surveyed nearly one thousand young men and boys between the ages of 8 and 34 from a nationally-representative sample of Nielsen TV households about their video game playing and television viewing habits, is the most comprehensive of its kind to date. Survey interviews were conducted from February 10 – 19, 2004.
Read more at Gamers.com
- ESRB to place new label on all titles with in-game purchases
- To sleep, perhaps — new SleepScore Labs partnership will guide you to dreamland
- Social (Net)Work: How does social media influence democracy?
- These apps make booking a pro photographer as easy as hailing an Uber
- Never get sunburned again with QSun, a wearable gizmo that tracks UV exposure