Bros, prepare for smashing. On Tuesday, June 10, Nintendo will have 16 of the world’s top Super Smash Bros. players square off in an invitational tournament to show off the latest iteration of the series on the Wii U. The event will be free to the public at Los Angeles’ Nokia Theatre., but will also be live-streamed for fans around the world through Twitch’s E3 channel and Nintendo’s Twitch channel.
Nintendo will hand out 3,000 wristbands that grant entry to the venue, starting at 9:30am the morning of the tournament on a first-come, first-served basis. Fans are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite Smash Bros. characters as they may be invited to sit right up front and possibly be featured in the event’s broadcast.
The Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. is set to launch this winter, with the 3DS version coming first this summer.
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ and ‘Splatoon 2’ DLC lead a crammed Nintendo Direct
- The 20 best Nintendo Switch games you can buy today
- Here’s everything you need to know about the Overwatch League
- Forza Racing Championship coming with new ‘Forza Motorsport 7’ esports features
- Join the haze craze with the Grenco Science 420 sale: Up to 50 percent off