Despite the fact that the gaming industry brought in about $16.5 billion dollars in the US during 2011 (about $6 billion more than all North American box office sales), gamers still have a stigma as being cave-dwelling anti-socialites with zero dating skills. This is especially true for online gamers, who spend their hours with titles like World of Warcraft. But a look at the user profile of gamers versus that of people who use online dating sites paints a very different picture.
This nifty infographic (below), produced by oddly-named infographic powerhouse Online University, shows just how inaccurate our picture of the “forever alone” gamer really is. In fact, one survey’s results suggest that you’d have a better chance finding a significant other by playing WoW than you would by joining Match.com — not to mention that you’d likely have a far better time in the process.
Check out the infographic below:
Created by: Online University
[Lead image via CREATISTA/Shutterstock]
- How to watch the 2018 State of the Union address online
- Walmart partners with Rakuten for online groceries and ebooks
- How to watch the 2018 Winter Olympics online
- Too smart to be scammed? Try this online test to see if you can be tricked
- Cord-cutting 101: How to quit cable for online streaming video