Last weekend, it was confirmed that Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception will be the second title (after Resistance 3) to make use of Sony’s Online Pass to enable the game’s multiplayer mode. Now it looks like the single-use code will become a regular feature of Sony’s upcoming games.
“Online Pass will be incorporated into Uncharted 3 and future Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios games with online functionality,” the company told Destructoid. “We will provide further information in the future.”
Online Pass requires users to submit a code in order to unlock the multiplayer mode for games, and was created in order to generate revenue from the used-game marketplace. Anyone purchasing a used copy of Uncharted 3 or Resistance 3 will be required to purchase one of the codes in order to access the games’ multiplayer modes.
The system has had its share of critics, but the statement from Sony seems to indicate that Online Pass is here to stay.
- (Metal) gear up for greatness with the best new games of February
- These Raspberry Pi 3 bundles will cover everyone, from coders to gamers
- Get ‘Far Cry 3: Classic Edition’ for free with purchase of ‘Far Cry 5’ season pass
- Ubisoft backtracks, won’t drop $40 edition of ‘Rainbow Six Siege’ after all
- Garmin Vivoactive 3 review