Talking to German-language outlet Zeit, McCartney said he’s not only interested in the world of computer games, but he’s currently working on the music for an unidentified game.
“Actually, I’m currently working on music for a computer game,” said McCartney when asked if he’d ever consider writing music for a game.
McCartney wouldn’t identify the game, but he said he found the entire gaming industry to be a fascinating market for a musician — especially when comparing game sales figures against those of the music industry.
“A new computer game is selling so much better than a new CD these days,” he added. “You reach a different audience. These days, young people might hear my music for the first time in a game.”
- Why just listen when you can play? How Moodelizer makes music malleable
- Who to follow on Twitter if you want to understand tech
- Blockchain may power future elections, but it’s no silver bullet for fraud
- Atari embraces cryptocurrencies and sees its stock prices soar
- Producer Cardo on making Drake’s new No. 1 hit, Kendrick Lamar’s “evil genius”