Star Wars Battlefront‘s Death Star DLC, launching later in September, adds five new playable maps, an arsenal of bonus weapons, and new playable characters including bounty hunter Bossk and Chewbacca.
Star Wars Battlefront has seen frequent DLC expansions after its November 2015 launch, introducing new maps and playable characters over the past several months. The game’s digital season pass entitles players to all add-on content and grants early access to new maps prior to public release.
The upcoming Death Star DLC adds five new maps that take place around and aboard the Death Star. Players can opt to storm Darth Vader’s planet-smashing superweapon either on foot or aboard an X-Wing fighter, recalling the final climactic moments from Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope
Players can also pick up hero tokens scattered throughout the new levels in order to temporarily assume control of either Chewbacca or Bossk. Each character boasts their own unique weapons and abilities that can turn the tide of battle with skilled play. Developer EA Dice notes Chewbacca is an ideal character for combatants seeking a tank role in their multiplayer squadrons.
“Chewbacca has more health than most heroes and a small amount of armor that allows him [to] be the much-needed Rebel tank,” EA Dice explains. “Chewbacca may not move as fast as the other Rebel heroes, but his damage absorption more than makes up for it!”
Star Wars Battlefront‘s Death Star DLC will be available as a stand-alone download later this month and is included as part of the game’s digital season pass.
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor: release date, trailers, preorders, and more
- Bringing VR’s best Star Wars game to PlayStation VR2 was a no-brainer, devs say
- The best trailers from The Game Awards 2022: Judas, Death Stranding 2, and more
- First Star Wars Jedi: Survivor trailer features dual-lightsaber combat, open-world teases
- Xbox Game Pass adds Lego Star Wars and a former Switch console exclusive