The PlayStation 2 price is set to be cut to Â£129.99 in the UK within the coming months, according to sources who spoke with our sister site Eurogamer.net today – a cut which brings the console in line with the Xbox and GameCube, and indeed with the price of the hardware on the continent.
However, Microsoft will respond with a price cut of its own – with Xbox due to come down in price as well, probably to a Â£99.99 price point. We expect the Xbox cuts to appear around mid-October, although as ever, there’s a good chance that whichever company tips its hand first will cause the other to follow suit within hours.
Sony also plans to continue its successful strategy of bundling key games with the console, with a number of new packs due to hit shelves across Europe in the coming months. The first will be a bundle featuring a console along with copies of Pro Evolution Soccer 2 and GTA: Vice City, which appears on October 8th priced at
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One: Can the new hybrid best the established console?
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a mid-tier upgrade worth your money?
- Xbox One S vs. PlayStation 4 ‘Slim’: Which console is worth your money?
- Start your 57th character when ‘Skyrim VR’ hits Rift and Vive this April
- Xbox Off — Microsoft ends production of Kinect adapter for Xbox One