Jealousy, thy name is Xbox One. While the rest of us puny mortals fight over which console maker we will throw money at when the next-gen systems are released in November, a handful of select gamers will not only be receiving a free Xbox One, they’ll be getting an incredibly rare one at that.
Employees of Microsoft that were employed full time in the Interactive Entertainment Business division on or before July 12, and who will still be working for Microsoft on launch day, will receive a gift from their employer in the form of a white Xbox One, according to a poster on Reddit who got ahold of the official notice. Along with the Xbox One, employees will receive a year of Xbox Live, all first party games for one year, an equally rare white controller, and a special achievement. The white Xbox Ones will also feature a note on the front that reads “I made this.”
Currently the Xbox One will only be available in black to the hoi polloi, and Microsoft has not announced any plans to release the console in any variant colors. Just because Microsoft can release a white console doesn’t mean it will. And if it does, the white option will likely be a long way off.
In the meantime, you can always try eBay after the launch. Just don’t tell Microsoft or you may get someone fired.
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a midtier upgrade worth your money?
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now
- Your 2017 Xbox One playing stats are likely nowhere close to Major Nelson’s
- Microsoft’s E3 2018 showcase may break from the typical formula
- ‘DayZ’ will finally leave Steam’s Early Access in 2018, still headed to Xbox