Yesterday Capcom put on their announcing hat and got with the announcing. The developer/publisher officially handed out release dates for two of its biggest titles of 2012, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Asura’s Wrath.
Even if you aren’t specifically familiar with Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, you probably have a rough idea of what to expect. See zombie, kill zombie. You are the scourge of the undead, and you hand out justice one bullet at a time. The format should seem familiar, so will the setting. The game takes place in Raccoon City (which makes sense, what with the name and all) during the events of the second and third Resident Evil games.
But instead of stepping into the familiar, and well-worn shoes of Leon Kennedy, one of the stars on Resident Evil 2, you can change history by shooting him. You play as a member of the Umbrella Security Service, tasked with destroying all evidence of Umbrella’s involvement, and killing any survivors you come across.
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City will be available for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 20, 2012.
Asura’s Wrath is a bit more unusual. After being stripped of his powers by his god-like peers, Asura doesn’t exactly take it well. He heads out to try and save his daughter, and along the way kick a few skulls in on his quest for revenge.
Asura’s Wrath will be released on PS3 and Xbox 360 on February 21.
- Ryo Hazuki returns as ‘Shenmue I & II’ launches on PS4, Xbox One, and PC in 2018
- Did this comic listing reveal ‘Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 3’?
- Insomniac’s ‘Spider-Man’ is out this September exclusively for PS4
- ‘Metal Gear Survive’ is now available, and early impressions are mixed
- ‘Destiny 2’ players will have to wait a bit longer for new Nightfall rewards