The upcoming game L.A. Noire is more than just a noire-based detective story. That is part of it, but Rockstar is going to great lengths to introduce gamers to the world of 1940’s Los Angeles—both the good and the bad. Rather than just giving you an overall objective and letting you get to it, the missions in L.A. Noire will be cases to solve, and as you progress and succeed, you will be rewarded with a new assignment that will expose you to new worlds-within-the world.
Beginning as a beat cop, you take control of Cole Phelps, a war veteran looking for a life as a policeman. In the course of your career, you will work your way through five different departments in the force starting with patrol officer, then traffic, homicide, vice and arson. With each case you solve, you will increase your skill set and become a better detective.
Check out the video below detailing some of the progression you will experience, then look for L.A. Noire on the PS3 and Xbox 360 on May 17.
- The best Xbox 360 games of all time
- These are the best Samsung Galaxy deals for August 2020
- Here’s every Xbox One X Enhanced game that supports 4K resolution
- The 50 best shows on Netflix right now
- The best Netflix original series that you can stream right now