If you thought you were a Legend of Zelda fan, Robin Williams may have you beat. The actor and comedian named his own daughter after Hyrule’s sleeping princess and has been a fan of the series since 1987. In the ad above, which promotes the remake of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1997) for the Nintendo 3DS, Williams mistakes his daughter for Princess Zelda.
For those wondering why Williams is sporting such an epic beard, it’s because he’s in Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo on Broadway, where he plays a caged Bengal Tiger that also happens to narrate the play. Williams is an avid gamer, often showing up at E3, sometimes to help present.
The Nintendo 3DS has been off to a rough start, saleswise, but Nintendo is hopeful that Ocarina of Time 3D, which hits shelves on June 19, will help the new handheld gaming system get back on track. Nintendo isn’t taking any chances though. If Ocarina of Time doesn’t do the trick, the gaming giant has more big guns in the wings for the coming months, including a new Mario Kart, a new type of Super Mario, Kirby: Mass Attack, Star Fox 64 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, among others.
The full commercial is below.
- Check out the best Nintendo Switch deals and bundles for April 2018
- Save Hyrule by harnessing the power of the Zelda-themed IPA
- Rumbling Nintendo Switch controller tipped man off about tumor in his hand
- The 20 best Nintendo Switch games you can buy today
- Get your gaming on the go with the 25 best Android games