Platinum Games is on something of a roll at the moment. While their last two games, Bayonetta and Vanquish were only moderate hits in terms of sales, both were well received by critics and fans, both won a handful of Game of the Year awards, and as a result the developer has something of a swagger going on. It hopes to build on that with its next title, Anarchy Reigns.
Published by Sega, the new title will be a fresh take on the brawler genre, combined with a heavy emphasis on the multiplayer aspect. The game promises several multiplayer modes with game types ranging from tag team battles, battle royals, and free-for-alls.
The trailer below is more style than details, but expect to hear more about this game in the coming months.
- 12 great old games coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2018
- Nintendo Switch passes lifetime sales of Wii U in less than one year
- Dear game designers: Please rip off these brilliant game ideas from 2017
- ‘H1Z1’ goes free-to-play, start of battle royale esports league announced
- Epic Games is pulling the plug on ‘Paragon’ after the success of ‘Fortnite’