Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For won’t be out until August 22, 2014 but the studio has released a new trailer to give you an idea of what to expect: lots of stylized visuals and a shocking number of Hollywood elite.
The film stars: Bruce Willis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Eva Green, Jessica Alba, Mickey Rourke, Josh Brolin, Jaime King, Lady Gaga, Ray Liotta, Jeremy Piven, Rosario Dawson… you know what? It might just be easier to list who is not in the film. Neither Brad Pitt nor George Clooney will appear. Pretty much everyone else in Hollywood will.
That might be a bit of an exaggeration, but the film is packed with stars. Like its predecessor, the movie will be broken up into standalone segments – four of them in this case. There are connections to the original 2005 film, as well as original stories. Two of the segments are taken from Frank Miller’s comic of the same name, while two are original to the film.
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is written by William Monahan, along with Miller and Rodriguez.
- Legendary ski and snowboard filmmaker Warren Miller dies at 93
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- 13 epic sci-fi novels you should read before they become blockbuster films
- Here is our list of the best movies on Netflix right now
- Get your first peek at ‘Unsane,’ Steven Soderbergh’s thriller shot on an iPhone