The spoilsports at Amazon have leaked the news that Sleeping Dogs will be coming to the newest generation of consoles in October 2014, before publisher Square Enix has made any announcements. The Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One appears to include all previously released DLC and a 28-page book of concept art. According to the Amazon listing, the game will arrive on October 14, 2014 for $60.
Sleeping Dogs is an open world crime game in the vein of Grand Theft Auto that was released in 2012, but with an emphasis on hand-to-hand combat using a system that is somewhat reminiscent of Rocksteady’s Batman: Arkham series. You play as Wei Shen, a former San Francisco police officer who has returned to his native Hong Kong to infiltrate the Sun Yee On triads. The game’s story missions are divided between jobs for the triads and for the police, pulling your loyalty back and forth between the two factions.
Related: Sleeping Dogs Review
- God of War, Far Cry 4, Watch Dogs join PlayStation Hits roster
- Actor Donnie Yen says production has begun on ‘Sleeping Dogs’ film adaptation
- ‘Ip Man,’ ‘Rogue One’ star Donnie Yen lands lead role in ‘Sleeping Dogs’ movie
- 'Dragon Quest Heroes II' launches for PlayStation 4 and PC on April 25
- ‘DiRT 4’ is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in June 2017