PlayStation Plus members can save 10-percent on eight upcoming indie games when they launch on PlayStation 4 as part of Sony’s Spring Fever 2015 sale. Starting on March 3 with the release of Helldivers, one new game will be featured every week as it launches at a discounted price for the following two months.
Apart from Helldivers and Bastion, the games all feature lo-fi, pixelated visuals. Many of them draw inspiration from classics as well. Axiom Verge nods vigorously at the NES era of Metroid games, only it integrates glitches into the player’s toolbox. And Shovel Knight pairs the pogo play of DuckTales with the precision challenge of Mega Man.
Here is the list of which games will be on sale and when:
- Helldivers (PS3, PS4, Vita; 3/3 – 3/9)
- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (PS3, PS4, Vita; 3/10 – 3/16)
- Jamestown+ (PS4; 3/17 – 3/23)
- Metal Slug 3 (PS3, PS4, Vita; 3/24 – 3/30)
- Axiom Verge (PS4; 3/31 – 4/6)
- Bastion (PS4; 4/7 – 4/13)
- Titan Souls (PS4, Vita; 4/14 – 4/20)
- Shovel Knight (PS3, PS4, Vita; 4/21 – 4/27)
Along with the newly released games, every week is also set to bring sales on popular game and movie franchises, such as Saints Row and X-Men. See all of the details over on the PlayStation Blog.
- The best indie games for the PS4
- The best PS4 shooter games
- The best PS4 exclusives for 2021
- PS4 vs. PS5
- GTA 5 cheats and secrets: Every Grand Theft Auto cheat code for PS4, Xbox One, and PC