Sony has unveiled a new program that will reward users with certain benefits and opportunities for using PlayStation products. The program will begin beta testing tomorrow, and it is open to PlayStation Plus and Gamer Advisory Panel members.
Once you join for free, you begin in the “Select” tier. The more you interact with PlayStation by doing things like playing new games, downloading things from the PlayStation Store, and taking surveys online, you will earn points that will increase your tier to “Pro”, and then “Legendary”. The better the tier, the better the rewards.
“PlayStation Rewards is designed to give you the opportunity to gain exclusive status, recognition, and rewards as a thank you for your continued interest in PlayStation. And, the best part is that you don’t have to do anything different.” The press release claimed. “Keep playing new games, buying content purchased from PlayStation Network in the PlayStation Store and PlayStation Home, download movies and TV shows, or just communicate with us by taking one of our surveys, for example, and you’ll now be recognized for it.”
When it begins in beta, the program will focus on PS3 users, but PSP owners will be included at a later date.
Currently the offerings are somewhat meager. Sony lists the following rewards, but promises much more to come:
• Exclusive PSN avatars that display member status in the program
• Exclusive dynamic themes and PlayStation Home content
• Opportunities throughout the program year to participate in members-only sweepstakes and giveaways for experiences and merchandise you won’t find elsewhere (The first of which is an all expenses paid trip to the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, as PlayStation’s guest)
No word yet on when the beta testing will conclude and the program will be open to the general public.
- BlackBerry wants you to do its advertising by joining its fan league
- New ‘Monster Hunter: World’ patch fixes multiplayer issues on Xbox One
- Ubisoft’s ‘Sam’ A.I. wants to help you play video games
- These are the best ‘Made for Samsung’ apps for your Galaxy phone
- These apps will help you make the most out of your Apple TV