Even if the game ends up being terrible, you have to hand it to LucasArts — they know how to cut a trailer. Hopefully that won’t be an issue, because what we have seen looks fairly awesome. The newest look at the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II shows off a bit of gameplay mixed with the storyline, and if it can fix the minor flaws that plagued the first one, this could be the surprise hit of the year. And yes, it might seem odd to consider a Star Wars game as a surprise hit, but sandwiched between Halo: Reach and Call of Duty: Black Ops, The Force Unleashed II has its work cut out for it if it wants to loosen the figurative purse strings of gamers.
The game picks up roughly seven months after the events of its 2008 predecessor, and about one year before the events of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. Once again you step into the role of Darth Vader’s secret apprentice, Starkiller. Starkiller believes that he is a clone and soon escapes Vader’s grasp to discover who and what he really is. To lure him out of hiding, Vader hires Bobba Fett to find Juno Eclipse, Starkiller’s love interest.
We originally saw some of the gameplay in action back at E3, but it was still in an early stage of development. The game should be done, or very close to it by now, so the advertising push should begin any day now. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II comes out for the PC, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360 on October 26.
- Darth Vader is just as menacing in pink in ‘Star Wars Battlefront II’ mod
- Leak appears to show hidden customization menu in ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’
- Conquer a galaxy far, far away with the 10 best Star Wars games of all time
- Who will be the last Jedi? Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- ‘The Last Jedi’ is unlike any Star Wars film, and that’s what makes it so Star Wars