Blizzard has announced a $99.99 Collector’s Edition for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, packing goodies including a 176-page art book, a ‘Thor’ unit pet for World of Warcraft and the original StarCraft plus expansion on a USB thumb drive shaped like protagonist Jim Raynor’s dog tag.
Currently in closed beta, Wings of Liberty is the first part of the StarCraft II trilogy. Blizzard promises to reveal the release date “in the coming weeks” but it was still slated for the first half of 2010 as recently as February.
Blizzard also reveals that the standard edition of its PC and Mac RTS sequel will cost $59.99 and that its digital release will follow “shortly after [the retail] release.”
“We’ve been looking forward to revisiting the StarCraft universe with our players for over 10 years, and we wanted to offer an epic collector’s edition that commemorated the occasion,” said Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime. “This special version of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty–easily our biggest collector’s edition to date–does just that, and we think StarCraft II gamers will really enjoy all of the exclusive contents.”
The full list of Collector’s Edition goodies follows below.
- The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game
- An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor’s dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion set
- A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director’s commentary, and more
- The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
- StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
- A World of Warcraft mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
- Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit