The Lunar New Year begins on January 25, and Steam is offering big savings on several popular games in a celebration sale. The Lunar New Year Sale includes Resident Evil and Star Wars, among other titles, but it’ll only last through 10 a.m. PT on January 27.
For $15, players can pick up Grand Theft Auto 5, which released over six years ago but still has an extremely active community that regularly adds new content. The Witcher III is cut by over half its normal price to $12, for those who binge-watched the new Netflix series and want more. The game takes place after the events of the books and television series, but fans will recognize several characters from the show. There’s even a mod to make one of the characters appear like her Netflix counterpart.
These are just a sampling of the deals available through the Steam Lunar New Year Sale. Other titles include:
- Dragon Ball FighterZ – $15
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition – $8
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice – $10
- Red Dead Redemption II – $48
- Frostpunk – $12
In keeping with the Lunar New Year theme, there are several games on sale that are perfect for celebrating the Chinese Year of the Rat. These include Moss for $15 — yes, it is technically a mouse. A Plague Tale: Innocence is also on sale for half off its typical price. The stealth-horror game takes place during the Black Plague, which was later discovered to be caused by fleas living on rats. The game has received acclaim for its world-building and storytelling.
Steam sales are common, but the Lunar New Year Sale offers steeper price cuts than usual. One of the best options is Resident Evil 2, as Resident Evil 3 will arrive in just a few months. The next iteration doesn’t feature the same protagonist, but does take place around the time of some of the same events and serves as a great companion piece for the Raccoon City incident. Eagle-eyed fans can even find an Easter egg setting up the events of Resident Evil 2.
- Resident Evil 4 remake is coming to PS4, but seemingly not Xbox One
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake release date, trailers, gameplay, and more
- Resident Evil Village is getting a host of new accessibility features
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic remake reportedly delayed indefinitely
- Switch and mobile exclusive Star Wars: Hunters delayed to 2023