Read our full Super Smash Bros. for 3DS review.
Nintendo’s Super Smash Bros. roundtable with director Masahiro Sakurai is ongoing, but has already revealed a number of new bits about the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game. The first and biggest reveal: Pac-Man is a playable character in both games. He is, of course, the Pac-Man from Pac-Land, the one with legs and a face, that we know today, but Nintendo has included a number of classic moves.
Pac-Man can shoot out 2D sprites (8-bit style) and then turn into pizza-style Pac-Man and rush to go get it, hurting players as he eats into them. Pac-Man also has a move where he drops a fire hydrant.
Pac-Man’s inclusion makes this the only game where Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, and Pac-Man can face each other.
Nintendo also revealed that Special B moves now have 3 levels to them, essentially tripling the number of special attacks each character has. For example. Mario’s Fireball, now can be a fire ball, fast fireball, or fire orb depending on how w.
In addition, you can customize the moves of any character and give them special items that level up. More details on this soon, but these items can significantly change the speed and power of characters.
This post will be updated with more details soon…
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ is coming to Nintendo Switch with the Inklings in tow
- 10 new characters we want to see in ‘Super Smash Bros. for Switch’
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ and ‘Splatoon 2’ DLC lead a crammed Nintendo Direct
- Check out the best Nintendo Switch deals and bundles for April 2018
- The 20 best Nintendo Switch games you can buy today