Bossa Studios, creator of the joyously awkward Surgeon Simulator, is back with I am Bread, a physics-based bread simulator. According to the video description from the developer’s tweet, I am Bread is “the beautiful story of one slice of bread’s epic and emotional journey as it embarks upon a quest to become toasted.”
Note the loaf-humping at the 45-second mark.
Gameplay appears to sit somewhere between Octodad and Katamari Damacy, with buttons mapped to all four corners of the bread slice. You flop your way around the house trying to maximize “Deliciousness” by getting toasted and buttered. All while keeping “Edibility” as high as possible, which means you need to avoid picking up too much garbage, Katamari-style. And it all unfolds under a time limit.
There is no word yet on platform(s) and a release date, but the studio has previously started with Linux, Mac, and Windows before expanding to other platforms.
- Check out the best toasters for your sliced bread
- Cuisinart debuts a kitchen sink’s worth of new accessories at IHHS
- ‘What the Golf?’ hilariously turns everything into your favorite sport
- Char-Broil fires up a new modular outdoor grill kitchen lineup
- For ‘Black Panther’ star Michael B. Jordan, Killmonger isn’t just another villain