Get ready for a piping hot plate of anime angst. It looks like Namco is bringing yet another role-playing game to the U.S. A trademark filed with the United States Patent and Trademark Office by Namco hints that the Playstation 3-exclusive Tales of Xillia will be coming to North America sooner rather than never.
Siliconera noted the patent in a Monday report.
While Namco has made thirteen different Tales games since the series started in 1995 with Tales of Phantasia on the Super Nintendo, only some of the games have been released in countries outside Japan. After the failure of the English release of the Xbox 360 version of Tales of Vesperia in 2008, it looked like Namco was ready to give up on the series in the U.S. 2008’s Tales of Hearts for Nintendo DS and 2009’s Tales of Graces for Wii were ignored by the company’s U.S. branch.
The series has got a new lease on life in the English-speaking world as of this spring though. Namco released both the 3DS version of Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Graces f, the PS3 version of the Wii game, in March of this year. Now with Tales of Xillia in the wings it looks like Namco’s fully committed to the series abroad.
- Nintendo could Switch things up with an updated console in 2019
- Microsoft patent could let you write on both sides of the Surface Pro
- Nintendo may finally bring ‘The Legend of Zelda’ and ‘Donkey Kong’ to mobile
- Leica teases new S3 medium-format camera, Fotos app, and more
- The best video gaming consoles of 2018