The announcement comes in the form of a shot-for-shot remake of the naked biker bar scene from T2, replacing the bar’s patrons with wrestling celebrities such as Finn Balor and Eva Marie. One time WWE league champion Dean Ambrose fills in for the unfortunate biker that has clothes the Terminator wants. Arnold recently got back into terminating shape for Terminator Genisys, so he was primed and ready to reprise his nude scene. The video ends just before the fight starts, but it’s a pitch-perfect recreation of the classic original.
Arnold’s addition to the game coincides with the disgraced exit of Hulk Hogan, whose affiliation with the WWE was recently broken off in response to racist remarks made by Hogan, sparked by statements that allegedly — and salaciously — surfaced during a lawsuit with Gawker over a sex tape.
A representative from 2K confirmed to Polygon that, in connection with its partnership with the WWE, Hogan is also being removed from WWE 2K16. The series had previously featured Hogan as a cover athlete with 2K15‘s Hulkamania Edition, which also included multiple versions of the popular wrestler. As it happens, this means that we just narrowly missed the possibility of a Terminator vs. Hulk Hogan fantasy match that would no doubt be carried out with action figures countless times in the 80s and early 90s.
- Lego 2K Drive melds the best parts of kart racers and Forza Horizon
- WWE 2K23 improves the wrestling sim with subtle tweaks and a bit of chaos
- 2K warns users to beef up cyber security after support team gets hacked
- WWDC 2022 announcements: iOS 16, iPadOS 16, WatchOS 9, MacOS Ventura, MacBook Air M2, and more
- WWE 2K22 is my new favorite TV show