Naughty Dog celebrates the fact that only a handful of weeks remain until the launch of The Last of Us with the release today of an assortment of screenshots and concept art from the upcoming post-apocalyptic survival game.
The game picks up after a viral outbreak destroys civilization as we know it, prompting many of the surviving humans to gather in government-controlled quarantine zones. You play as Joel, a man with a troubled past who’s been hired to transport a young girl named Ellie across the country. Close bonds form as the two make their way cautiously across a landscape littered with the infected.
Naughty Dog continues to keep quiet on specific plot points, but you can check out our hands-on preview to get a better idea of how this sharp-looking game slides in alongside the likes of the Uncharted series.
- What a good boy! These video games let you pet dogs — and other animals
- ‘The Avengers Project’: Everything we know about the Square Enix Marvel game
- Something smells good in the kitchen: Our picks for best cooking games
- Smart toys accurately predict whether a guide dog will make it through training
- Feel the love this Valentine’s Day with these 11 romantic video games