What would Comic-Con be without a presence from the Lord of the Rings. Even before the movies were released and everybody suddenly seemed to know who Sauron was, seeing an orc wandering down the convention center or bumping into an Aragorn while buying a corn dog was a relatively common site. Following the films, there a few slightly lean years for the property, but this convention should fix that with plenty of news about The Hobbit, and the upcoming release of the newest Lord of the Rings game, War in the North.
The trailers for this game are flying fast and furious. This most recent clip comes just two weeks after the last, and you can expect more. In the clip below titled “Fellowship,” the three main characters, a dwarf, an elf and a human ranger take on Sauron’s northern army, commanded by the dark sorcerer, Agandaur.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North is tentatively scheduled for a 2011 release on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
[Update: The release date for the game has not been confirmed, but it is scheduled for this year]
- Amazon is turning its ‘Grand Tour’ car show into a video game
- ‘The Mandalorian’: What we know about Jon Favreau’s live-action Star Wars series
- ‘The Predator’ movie: Here’s everything we know so far
- Celebrate the 25th anniversary of ‘The X-Files’ with the show’s 10 best episodes
- 13 great sci-fi books to read before they become TV shows