Lords of the Fallen, the Dark Souls-like console and PC role-playing game from developers Deck 13 Interactive and CI Games, is going mobile in 2015 with a new game for Android and iOS devices. It features a story set in the Lords of the Fallen universe, but it’s not a direct port of the 2014 release. It was announced via a recent tweet from the game’s official account.
— LORDS of the FALLEN (@lotfgame) December 17, 2014
No other details about the new game were given, but CI Games CEO Marek Tyminski did subsequently confirm to Gamespot that it would not be a port, but an original experience.
Lords of the Fallen is a dark, hack-‘n’-slash RPG directly in the vein of Dark Souls, though generally less punishing. Digital Trends contributor Michael Rougeau found that it brought very little to the table that feels original, but was nevertheless a solid and enjoyable game that has its share of clever twists on popular and familiar gameplay mechanics.
Executive producer Tomasz Gop (previously producer of the first two Witcher games for CD Projekt Red) also confirmed to Eurogamer recently that the studio is in the early, conceptual phase of developing Lords of the Fallen 2, but offered no further details on the sequel.
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018
- ‘Mario Tennis Aces’ and tons of Switch ports revealed in sudden Nintendo Direct
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- Playing games on the Nintendo Switch is so nice, you’ll buy your games twice
- ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ has sold 30M copies, but fewer people are playing