A sequel to Ubisoft and developer Techland’s Western-themed first-person shooters is on the way, but the new installment will radically alter the makeup of the Call of Juarez franchise. Where the first two games featured storylines set in the early to mid-1800s, the new title, Call of Juarez: The Cartel, will take place in the modern day setting, and take players from Los Angeles to Juarez, Mexico.
“Call of Juarez: The Cartel is an action-packed shooter game with a strong story, interesting characters and a wide variety of gameplay options,” Adam Novickas, director of marketing at Ubisoft, said in the press release. “The game will bring the best elements of the Wild West into modern times with a very gritty and relevant plot.”
Beyond that details are scarce, and no release window was given. Keep an eye out for this one, and expect more details in the coming months.
- The best upcoming PS5 games
- How does Pack-a-Punch work in Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies?
- The best PC keybinds for Call of Duty: Vanguard
- Call of Duty: Vanguard — All zombie intel locations
- Call of Duty: Vanguard zombies guide — tips for fending off the horde in Der Anfang