“Citing figures from market researchers NPD Group, analysts also said Sony Corp.’s new PlayStation Portable handheld gaming unit sold 620,000 units of hardware in the month and 1.1 million pieces ofsoftware. The PSP was released on March 24.
By comparison, Nintendo Co. Ltd.’s DS dual-screen handheld has sold 428,000 units this year, analysts said, quoting NPD. The DS, which costs $100 less than the PSP, launched last year.
The supply of Sony’s PlayStation 2 console continued to improve, analysts said, with 495,000 sold in the month, compared with 227,000 units of Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox and 94,000 units of Nintendo’s GameCube. “
Read more at Reuters
- The best game console you can buy right now
- Crash Bandicoot rumored to return with new game in 2019
- ‘Borderlands 3’: News, rumors, and everything we know
- ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ still burning rubber after 4 years, tops sales of 90 million
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018