“Growth was lead by portable video game hardware, NPD said, with a 162 percent rise on a dollar basis. That came from the launch of two new handheld game players, Nintendo Co. Ltd.’s DS and Sony Corp.’s PlayStation Portable.
All categories were higher on both a dollar and unit basis, NPD said. The biggest was console games, at more than $1 billion in sales, a 7 percent growth rate. Most analysts expect about 5 percent growth for the year. “
Grand Turismo 4 for the Playstation 2 was the best selling game of quarter 1. Video game sales are expected to syrocket later this year with the introduction of new game consoles from Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony.
Source: Yahoo! News
- The best game console you can buy right now
- Nintendo Switch vs. PlayStation 4: Which console should you buy?
- When is the PlayStation 5 coming? Here are a few educated guesses
- Xbox One S vs. PlayStation 4 ‘Slim’: Which console is worth your money?
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One: Can the new hybrid best the established console?