In a recent installment of The GE Show, a series of online presentations that explore themes related to the industries the company serves, some talented GE personnel endeavored to recreate New Jersey’s Edison Memorial Tower within the world of Minecraft.
For those who haven’t been sucked into Minecraft yet, the game is a sandbox-style building game in which players mine resources and build structures in an open environment. In the video below, you can watch them build the tower brick by pixelated brick, using a schematic that they’ve made available for download.
According to the site, the project was used to illustrate additive manufacturing techniques. (Note: I initially mistyped “additive” as “addictive” in that sentence, which actually works just as well, if you’re at all familiar with Minecraft.)
- C-Reach bridge lets you control your GE smart bulbs with your voice
- Giddy gives hobbyists and inventors a shot at creating that new toaster
- GE is fast becoming the light of your life with more smart lighting options
- The top 10 coolest corporate headquarters in the world, ranked
- 5 romantic gestures you can make to your significant other in video games