We have the solution to Wordle (#828) on September 25, as well as some helpful hints to help you figure out the answer yourself, right here. We’ve placed the answer at the bottom of the page, so we don’t ruin the surprise before you’ve had a chance to work through the clues. So let’s dive in, starting with a reminder of yesterday’s answer.
Let’s start by first reminding ourselves of yesterday’s Wordle answer for those new to the game or who don’t play it daily, which was “right.” So we can say that the Wordle answer today definitely isn’t that. Now, with that in mind, perhaps take another stab at it using one of these Wordle starting words and circle back if you have no luck.
Still can’t figure it out? We have today’s Wordle answer right here, below. But first, one more thing: Let’s take a look at three hints that could help you find the solution, without giving it away, so there’s no need to feel guilty about keeping your streak alive — you put in some work, after all! Or just keep scrolling for the answer.
- Today’s Wordle starts with the letter R.
- Today’s Wordle could describe uneven terrain.
- Today’s Wordle is the name of a famous fictional boxer.
No luck? Don’t sweat it — you can’t get them all! If you just want to see today’s Wordle answer to continue your streak, you can find it below.
The answer to today’s Wordle is …
Today’s Wordle definition
And here’s what it means, according to our good friend ChatGPT:
“Rocky” can have multiple meanings depending on the context:
- Rough or uneven: When describing terrain, “rocky” means the ground is covered with rocks or has a rough, uneven surface.
- Unstable or uncertain: In a figurative sense, “rocky” can describe a situation or relationship that is experiencing difficulties or instability.
- Proper Noun:
- Rocky (Given Name): “Rocky” can also be a given name for a person.
- Reference to Pop Culture:
- Rocky (Film Franchise): “Rocky” might refer to the iconic film series starring Sylvester Stallone, with the first film titled “Rocky” released in 1976. It revolves around the life of a boxer named Rocky Balboa.
- Rocky Planets: In astronomy, “rocky” can describe a planet that is primarily composed of solid materials, like Earth, as opposed to gas giants like Jupiter.
Tips for tomorrow’s Wordle
It might seem like Wordle is all luck, but there are a few good practices you can use to help get as many clues as possible in just a few guesses, making it that much more likely you can figure out the final word before you run out of tries. The most important guess is your first, and the trick is to load up on vowels (A, E, I, O, and U).
Some popular starting words people have had good luck with are “adieu,” “media,” “arise,” and “radio.” Just make sure not to pick a word with double letters, or you’re wasting precious guesses. The aim here is to try to figure out which vowels the mystery word contains, then layer in common consonants and close in from there.
Your second word, assuming that the first one gave you a good jumping-off point, should begin to lean more heavily on common consonants like R, S, and T. More good ones here we’ve seen are “stern,” “irate,” and “atone.” You never want to reuse any letters from a prior round that showed up as gray — you know they aren’t in the word.
Now that’s all solved and the definition is taken care of, and you’re armed with some tips to crush tomorrow’s Wordle, here are some games like Wordle you can try today.
- NYT Connections today: answers and hints for Monday, September 25
- Wordle’s wild year: New York Times breaks down the phenomenon’s big 2022
- Wordle is now playable on New York Times Crossword app
- Wordle is getting its own board game adaptation from Hasbro
- Spotify acquires Heardle, the popular music-based Wordle clone