Trying to solve Wordle #404 for July 28, 2022, and need some help?
It’s Thursday! Are you counting down to the weekend yet? Don’t let weekend daydreaming get in the way of solving today’s Wordle! We’re guessing you’re here because you’re a few guesses deep and looking for a lifeline. Don’t worry — we’ve got your back.
We’ve got a couple of hints that could help you keep your impressive Wordle streak alive.
Before you take a look at the hints below, check out our easy guide on playing Wordle for some tips and tricks for playing daily, including strategies and good starting words. And bookmark our Wordle hub so you can come back for more hints and answers.
More on Wordle
- Best tips, tricks, and starting words for Wordle
- The best games like Wordle
- Test your video game knowledge with these Wordle clones
Wordle is a vocabulary game in which players get six tries to guess a five-letter word. Once you enter a guess, individual letters within the word you entered will appear in different colors. Each color has a different meaning.
- Green: The letter entered is 100% correct — the right letter in the right space.
- Yellow: The entered letter is in the correct word, but you’ve placed it in the wrong space.
- Gray: The entered letter is not used in the answer.
The goal is to guess the correct word in as few attempts as possible.
- Today’s Wordle starts with the letter S.
- Today’s Wordle only uses one vowel.
- Today’s Wordle is something you might do with your feet.
Still having trouble? No worries — you can’t get them all! If you just want to see today’s Wordle answer to continue your streak, you can find it below.
The answer to today’s Wordle is …
- ‘Wordle’ today, August 9: Answer, hints, and help for word of the day (#416)
- ‘Wordle’ today, August 8: Answer, hints, and help for word of the day (#415)
- ‘Wordle’ today, August 7: Answer, hints, and help for word of the day (#414)
- ‘Wordle’ today, August 6: Answer, hints, and help for word of the day (#413)
- ‘Wordle’ today, August 5: Answer, hints, and help for word of the day (#412)