XCOM is one of those games that many people played as a kid and carried fond memories of it with them into their adulthood. But fond memories don’t explode well, so the upcoming XCOM not only reboots the series with a fresh new story to introduce it to a new audience, it also changes the gameplay from a turn-based strategy to a first-person shooter.
With E3 looming, it is not surprising to see a trailer for XCOM even though it isn’t due out until next year. It would be surprising if there wasn’t a trailer for the game. So far details on the plot have been limited. You are an FBI agent hunting down aliens that want to destroy us. But what more plot do you really need? See alien, shoot it with a big gun. Sounds about right.
The game was originally announced at last year’s E3, so expect for it to come out swinging this year and have a major presence at the convention. Check back with us next week for more details.
XCOM is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 6, 2012.
[Warning: The following trailer may not be suitable for all ages]
- Free ‘NBA 2K19: The Prelude’ mode lets you start your basketball career now
- Blazer5 Gaming has dominated the NBA 2K League. Now they prepare for the playoffs
- The best new movie trailers: ‘Glass,’ ‘Mortal Engines,’ ‘Pet Sematary’ and more
- The news is stressful, but easier on the eyes with new Google News dark theme
- The best time to buy a new TV