ZeniMax Media, the company best known for its subsidiary Bethesda Softworks, continues to laugh in the face of the economy and has purchased another game developer. The move comes just two weeks after ZeniMax officially purchased Tango Gameworks, the company headed by Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami.
The newest purchase by ZeniMax is MachineGames, a new developer located in Sweden formed by the founder of Starbreeze, the company responsible for the cult favorite The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher’s Bay, the Chronicles sequel Assault on Dark Athena and The Darkness.
MachineGames joins a stable of developers under the ZeniMax flag that includes Bethesda, Arkane Studios, and id Software to name a few. MachineGames will begin development on a new title for ZeniMax using the coveted id Tech 5 engine that is currently being retained for exclusive use by companies under the ZeniMax banner.
- The Epic Games store is already luring indie studios away from Steam
- Microsoft’s customizable PC could arrive in 2020 with new Surface Monitor
- New ‘Captain Marvel’ trailer has Brie Larson flying high
- ‘Mortal Kombat 11’ is even gorier and crazier than we expected
- Nintendo is restarting ‘Metroid Prime 4’ development with Retro Studios