ZeniMax Media, the company best known for its subsidiary Bethesda Softworks, continues to laugh in the face of the economy and has purchased another game developer. The move comes just two weeks after ZeniMax officially purchased Tango Gameworks, the company headed by Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami.
The newest purchase by ZeniMax is MachineGames, a new developer located in Sweden formed by the founder of Starbreeze, the company responsible for the cult favorite The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher’s Bay, the Chronicles sequel Assault on Dark Athena and The Darkness.
MachineGames joins a stable of developers under the ZeniMax flag that includes Bethesda, Arkane Studios, and id Software to name a few. MachineGames will begin development on a new title for ZeniMax using the coveted id Tech 5 engine that is currently being retained for exclusive use by companies under the ZeniMax banner.
- Amazon ups the ante with Netflix, aims to release up to 30 movies a year
- How Laika blends 3D printing and CGI to make mesmerizing stop-motion movies
- Nintendo is restarting ‘Metroid Prime 4’ development with Retro Studios
- The best Amazon Original series available now (April 2019)
- VFX gurus explain how they weaponized wine and overcame challenges in ‘Aquaman’