The Scosche Rhythm+ is a highly accurate heart rate monitor and biometric sensor to log your workout performance. One way the Rhythm+ achieves this is by using both green and yellow lights on the back of the device to measure blood flow, a unique method that should work for any type of skin tone.
In our tests, the Rhythm+ did prove to be highly accurate, and was nearly comparable with top-of-the-line chest straps like PolarPro. And the accuracy of the Rhythm+ makes this device especially good at recording spikes in your heart rate from weight training or calisthenics, where most fitness monitors fall short because they take less heart rate measurements.
The Rhythm+ works with most popular fitness apps like MyFitnessPal and Nike Run, as well as ANT+ connected exercise equipment. Battery life is pretty superb at 8 hours, so you should be covered for your longest workout regimens such as day hikes and marathons. The Scosche Rhythm+ can be picked up for $79.
- Running is easier with music in your ears: 7 of the best iPhone armbands
- Stay fit and save cash with our top 10 affordable Fitbit alternatives
- Our top 5 portable projector deals let you enjoy big-screen video without a TV
- Here are all the devices compatible with Apple’s HomeKit
- Here’s all the best gear and gadgetry you can snag for $50 or less