Operating under the belief that “the most enjoyable workout happens when it is combined with adventure,” you’ll certainly have quite the, uh, experience, when you board the Twicycle. The handlebars of this particular bicycle come equipped with their own set of gears, which means you’ve basically got two-wheel drive.
The team behind the invention say that the Twicycle “was invented out of a desire to achieve a full body workout while cycling outdoors and out of frustration that no such affordable product exists on the market today. It went from an idea to proof of concept to a working prototype in a matter of a few months.”
While you could just cycle with your legs (yes, the Twicycle doesn’t actually force you to use your upper body), you can also cycle with only your arms. Take your pick.
Of course, we should point out that this bike isn’t meant for any adventure that takes you too far off the beaten path. After all, it’s an adventure in and of itself. The Twicycle team noted, “This is a road bike, so it is not recommended for off-road use. We plan on working on a mountain bike version in the future.”
So if you’re ready to take your cycling to the next level, try it on all fours, and try the Twicycle.
- Working out at home? These are the best total gyms for home use for March 2022
- Forget spacewalking. How about space running?
- NordicTrack iSelect dumbbells let you customize your workout with Alexa
- This is how you work off festive excesses — if you’re in space
- The best exercise tech to help you crush your 2022 fitness goals