“The sun certainly is shining on HDTV today. DirecTV’s HDTV package is what so many HD enthusiasts have been waiting for. Millions of satellite subscribers now can look forward to watching ESPN and Discovery in high definition, in addition to HDNet, via DirecTV.
“Now, we continue to await the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) approval of the cable ‘plug-and-play’ agreement. With nearly 70 percent of American households relying on cable delivery of their primary television signal, adoption of the plug-and-play agreement is critical in seeing this transition through to completion. It is the final missing link of the HDTV transition and America anxiously is waiting. We continue to call on the Commission to swiftly adopt the plug-and-play agreement so that our industries may deliver the HDTV promise to all consumers.”
- DirecTV wants to make 4K HDR sports par for the course. Here’s how it’ll work
- Cord-cutting 101: How to quit cable for online streaming video
- Cutting the cord? Let us help you find the best service for live-streaming TV
- How to watch the Oscars online
- How NextVR and the NBA are bringing VR from the sidelines to center court