The $1,299 2100MP uses the latest DLP DDR projection technology to generate high resolution images at 1800:1 contrast ratio and maximum brightness of 1000 ANSI lumens for crisp video and graphics. An auto-sync feature adjusts the output resolution to match that of the input device up to SXGA+ (1400×1050) for true plug-and-play operation.
At 4 lbs, it weighs less than many midsize notebook PCs but still provides advanced features such as motion-adaptive hardware de-interlacing for smooth video playback, power saving auto shutdown and preset and user-programmable video modes for easy custom-configuration.
“Our customers challenged us to offer a high-performing SVGA projector at an extremely attractive price,” said Scott O’Hare, vice-president and general manager of Dell Software and Peripherals. “The 2100MP is inexpensive, light and feature-packed, and is ideal for small business or education environments. The video and connectivity features at this price make it equally desirable for some home-entertainment applications.“
Everything you need to get up and running with the 2100MP ships standard with each unit. Accessories include a sturdy, drop-tested carrying case, all cables (including S-Video, composite video, component video, VGA and USB), quick start guide and a remote (batteries included). Also standard is a 1-year service agreement with Advance Exchange. Initial availability will be limited to the U.S. and Canada, with other countries to follow over the next few months.
Technical specifications of the 2100MP include:
- Single chip DLPTM DDR technology
- 1800:1 contrast ratio (full on/full off)
- 150-watt, user-replaceable P-VIP lamp; 2,000 hours
- 800 X 600 (SVGA) native resolution (scales from VGA to SXGA+)
- 16.7M true colors
- F/ 2.4 , f = 22.4 fixed focal lens
- Image size adjustable from 28.4″ to 294.4″ (1.2m – 12m ) (Diagonal)
- NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL (B,D,G,H,I,M,N), SECAM (B,D,G,K,K,L) and HDTV (480i/P; 576i/P, 720P; 1080i) compatible
- Composite video and S-Video capability
- +/- 30 degree (60 degree) digital keystone correction
- Universal 100-240V AC 50/60 Hz power supply
- 210W power consumption (full)
- 32 dBA sound output
- Computer Input: One 15 pin D-sub connector for analog RBG/Component Video/HDTV signal
- Computer Output: One 15-pin D-sub
- Video Input: One Composite Video (RCA) and one S-Video
- USB Input: One USB mouse input
- 4.0 lbs (1.8 kg)
- 10.5 x 8.4 x 3.3 inches ( 266 x 216 x 85 +/- 1 mm)