Hulu has partnered up with Discovery Communications to offer select shows from the network starting on New Year’s Day in 2015, reports Reuters.
Hulu subscribers will soon be able to watch shows like MythBusters, The Little Couple, Treehouse Masters, and How It’s Made. And for the man’s man, the deal will also include Deadliest Catch.
These popular series will help Hulu in its constant one-upping race against other streaming competitors Netflix and Amazon Prime Instant Video.
Hulu, which is owned by Walt Disney Co., 21st Century Fox Inc. and Comcast Corp., already offers programs from ABC, Fox, and NBC once they’ve aired on regular network TV. It also offers free access to movies. Hulu plus is an enhanced version of the service which allows streaming to various devices such as Internet-connected TVs, set-top boxes and Blu-ray players, plus access to a wider variety of content and a deeper back catalog of shows for an $8/month subscription.
- Everything you need to know about Hulu and Hulu with Live TV
- Disney acquires most of what you love about Fox for $52 billion in mega-deal
- Cutting the cord? Let us help you find the best service for live-streaming TV
- Battle of the streaming giants: Netflix vs. Hulu vs. Amazon Prime Instant Video
- Rabbit TV promises a lot of TV for a little cash, but is it the real deal?