According to a CNET News.com report, a study released by the El Segundo, Calif.-based company foundthat large, TFT-type LCDs will be much in demand because of increased spending associated with the holiday season. iSuppli defines a large screen as one that is more than 10 inches in diagonallength. The use of TFT (thin film transistor) technology generally indicates a higher-quality display.
If the company’s prediction is correct, the fourth quarter will be the first of the year in which demand exceeds supply. The report goes on to say that iSuppli estimates that in the second quarter, supply will have exceeded demand by of 6 percent. In the third quarter, the company said, supply will exceed demand by 5.4 percent.
Read the full story at CNET News.com.
- Digital coin miners purchased more than 3 million graphics cards in 2017
- Apple raked in more than half of all global smartphone revenue last quarter
- AMD and Nvidia report strong revenue amid still sky-high GPU pricing
- Nvidia says it’s working to increase supply of GPUs
- Entry-level MacBooks may make an appearance in June at WWDC 2018