“The news was released at a press conference, which was held on September 10. The firm had already revealed to Nikkei Electronics in August that it would introduce the LCD rear-projection television in the Japanese market.
Sanyo began selling 45- and 55-inch models of LCD rear-projection televisions in China in April 2004. Production of LCD panels, the key parts, is based in Japan and they are assembled in China. The firm is planning to import those products into Japan.”
Sanyo is rumored to be selling rear projection sets in the U.S. through Walmart, although accoring to the NEAsia article, they will be targeting business users. Walmart – business users? We are not sure about the thinking on this one.
Read the full story at NEAsia Online
- Walmart says that store employees have embraced new robots
- Walmart is making it easier to retrieve packages with 500 new Pickup Towers
- Time to upgrade! Here are the best 4K TV deals for May 2018
- In China, lowly vending machines are transforming into smart storefronts
- Honda Everus concept is a tiny electric vehicle designed for car sharing in China