The new panel has 640 x 480 pixels with a resolution of 64ppi. The company built an organic EL panel that has a display area of larger than 10 inches for the first time. Before Seiko Epson, other manufacturers built EL panels larger than 10 inches on trial. For example, Sony Corp built a 24.2-inch model and International Display Technology Co, Ltd made a 20-inch model on trial, respectively.
Seiko Epson has been promoting an idea that TVs instead of mobile phones are the main application of organic EL panels. The 12.5-inch trial panel is a strategic move to build large TVs, the company said.
Read more at NEAsia.com
Pictures and discussion can be found here:
- MicroLED is the new hotness in TVs. But OLED isn’t going anywhere
- Watch LG’s 65-inch rollable OLED TV curl up like a poster, disappear from sight
- Dell’s new ultrathin displays bring HDR to your PC without emptying your wallet
- Lenovo revs up the ThinkPad X1 line with Intel 8th-gen, HDR displays, and Alexa
- They’re smart AF, and Nvidia’s monstrous BFGD monitors are a BFD