The HMZ-T1 Head Mounted Display or “Personal 3D Viewer” as Sony is calling it is a device that slips onto your head and allows you to drift off into a virtual theater-like experience. It’s equipped with a 0.7-inch 720p OLED panel which is equivalent to watching a 750-inch screen in a normal theater setting because of the extremely short distance between your eyes and the tiny screen. The HMZ-T1 offers both 2D and high-resolution 3D viewing along with 5.1ch Virtual Surround Technology to create an immersive cinema experience. The 3D viewer will be release in Japan on November 11 and will cost just under $800.
- Latest MirraViz screen allows you to watch multiple movies at the same time
- Lenovo’s Mirage Solo, two compact 180-degree video capture cameras coming soon
- This slick new 360 format choreographs the video with the viewer’s movements
- Prototype Insta360 light field camera lets viewers move through the scene
- HTC Vive Pro hands-on review