While it seems nearly every manufacturer has been chasing Sonos’ super-popular paradigm, LG does manage to bring one very unique attribute with its system: high-res audio playback capability, which exceeds CD quality by a considerable margin. LG’s system will also work in concert with other LG devices, such as select LG smart phones and smart TVs.
On the other hand, Sonos just announced its systems no longer require the use of a “bridge” unit, which coordinates the speakers over a wireless “mesh network,” whereas the LG Music Flow system does.
Pricing and availability are expected to be announced later today, and we’ll update this article accordingly.
- Sonos One vs. Sonos Play:1
- The best wireless speakers for 2019
- The best Bluetooth speakers under $100
- The best speakers for 2019
- What is Tidal? The hi-fi streaming music service fully explained