Urban Ears’ Plattan headphone may not be as ubiquitous as Beats’ cans, but they still have a mighty slice of market share. After 5 years of remaining unchanged — save the addition of several new color options — the Plattan have gotten a makeover.
Announced at IFA 2014 are the new Plattan ADV, and they take an already popular design and make it better. With a washable headband, interchangeable cable and new 360-degree swivel earpieces, the Plattan ADV are sure to be a hit with hip headphone lovers.
We snagged a pair for review, and will let you know whether sound quality has improved since we check out the original Plattan.
- JLab’s sweatproof wireless headphones are perfect for earbud-hating gym rats
- What’s a headphone amp, and why would you need one?
- Microsoft Surface Headphones hands-on
- BassFit wireless in-ear headphones bring low-end fuel to your workout
- Lynxsonic’s 4:33 headphones offer premium features at a not-so-premium price