The resurrected sixth season of Community – the cult favorite canceled by NBC and subsequently picked up by Yahoo – will debut on Yahoo Screen sometime this fall, along with other original content slated exclusively for the burgeoning service. And now Yahoo has announced that fans of the show will be able to tune in via TV, thanks to a new Yahoo Screen app for Xbox 360. The last-generation gaming platform joins the Yahoo Screen-supporting ranks of Roku, Apple TV, and iOS/Android devices with the new app. No word yet on when the app will appear on the Xbox One.
According to the press release, “the Yahoo Screen experience on Xbox 360 is just like turning on your TV. You can jump right into the most popular videos, flip through videos and channels or search for clips with your controller.” Instead of using the service’s somewhat clunky, browser-based platform, users will be able to explore content in a fashion similar to that of Roku or Netflix.
Though Yahoo Screen users will have to wait until sometime this fall for Community and the service’s two other original shows (Sin City Saints and Other Space), in the meantime they can binge on clips from The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and Saturday Night Live, in addition to live news, sports content, and more.
- Reelgood’s universal streaming guide is coming to millions of smart TVs
- Apple’s new TV app: All of your shows, on (almost) every device you own
- Apple gives sports fans a live TV option with the addition of FuboTV
- Here’s how to mirror your smartphone or tablet onto your TV
- How does Hulu work? Here’s everything you need to know