Anyone who follows the technology industry will recognize the Elon Musk name – or, at the very least, they’ll know of his companies. The billionaire cofounded PayPal and Tesla Motors and founded SpaceX, so it’s no surprise that, after years of racking up those pretty pennies, Musk has finally purchased a home. A $17 million, 20,248-square-foot home, no less, in the posh Bel Air community of California.
According to the listing, dug up by Curbed LA, the Chalon Road estate feature separate wings for a master suite and kid’s rooms, a two-story library, home theater, two guest suites, a tennis court, gym, heated pool, five-car garage, and a wine cellar capable of holding at least 1,000 bottles. Musk had been renting and living in the home for a few years now with his family, and negotitated the purchase price down from $19.9 million to $17. What. A. Deal.
When it comes to luxury and travel, pictures speak for themselves, so we’ll leave you here for the grand tour of the magnificent – but otherwise, rather dated – estate.
- Musk’s Boring Company is ‘capping cap orders at 50,000 caps’
- Hours before launch, SpaceX posts Falcon Heavy animation with Bowie soundtrack
- Elon Musk wants to whisk you from NYC to DC in 30 minutes with a new Hyperloop
- Elon Musk starts 2018 with $1M for tunneling plan after ‘boring’ caps sell out
- Elon Musk proposes name changes to his flamethrower in order to appease customs