The World Cup begins this week, and every major sporting company in the world is preparing for it through promotions, events, and- in some cases- viral videos.
Nike recently released the “Write the Future” video, which has received over 13 million views on YouTube, and now Adidas has followed suit and released the Star Wars Cantina 2010 video.
The video features Daft Punk, David Beckham, Snoop Dogg, Franz Beckenbauer, Noel Gallagher, Ian Brown, Ciara, Jay Baruchel, and DJ Neil Armstrong, asthey meet up for an “intergalactic 2010 FIFA World Cup viewing party that you’ll never forget”, according to Adidas.
It is somewhat unclear what this video has to do with soccer, or what Snoop Dogg’s connection to the World Cup is, but it is cool, so who cares?
The World Cup begins this Thursday when host nation South Africa takes on Mexico.
- NFC tech in official World Cup match ball draws fans even more into the games
- Adidas AM4NYC runners are templates for shoe design in the future
- ‘FIFA 18’ adds Russia World Cup content to game in free update
- What’s going on? Dr. Dre is working on a Marvin Gaye movie, that’s what
- Join the haze craze with the Grenco Science 420 sale: Up to 50 percent off