The World Cup begins this week, and every major sporting company in the world is preparing for it through promotions, events, and- in some cases- viral videos.
Nike recently released the “Write the Future” video, which has received over 13 million views on YouTube, and now Adidas has followed suit and released the Star Wars Cantina 2010 video.
The video features Daft Punk, David Beckham, Snoop Dogg, Franz Beckenbauer, Noel Gallagher, Ian Brown, Ciara, Jay Baruchel, and DJ Neil Armstrong, asthey meet up for an “intergalactic 2010 FIFA World Cup viewing party that you’ll never forget”, according to Adidas.
It is somewhat unclear what this video has to do with soccer, or what Snoop Dogg’s connection to the World Cup is, but it is cool, so who cares?
The World Cup begins this Thursday when host nation South Africa takes on Mexico.
- Adidas’ light-chiseled Futurecraft 4D shoe goes on sale January 18
- Adidas looks to break the 2-hour marathon barrier with the Adizero Sub2
- Miles of music: The 55 best songs about cars, driving, and road trips
- Short film celebrates first female pro skateboarder signed by Adidas
- Adidas upgrades its high-end sneaker line with a 3D-printed midsole