With all of the hype that has enveloped tech blogs surrounding Facebook’s IPO, and its lackluster performance at the opening day’s end, there’s actually an event worth celebrating. Facebook founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg and his long-time girlfriend, Priscilla Chan, finally tied the knot in the backyard of his Palo Alto, California home on Saturday.
The week has been a whirlwind of changes and celebrations for the nine-year couple who met in while attending Harvard. On top of Facebook’s IPO, on Monday Mark Zuckerberg turned 28 and 27-year-old Chan graduated from medical school at the University of California, San Francisco. In fact, according to the Associated Press, fewer than 100 guests had been invited to celebrate Chan’s graduation, which turned out to be Zuckerberg’s surprise private wedding ceremony.
Zuckerberg, who sparsely updates his own Facebook Timeline, has only two posts in May, both of the utmost significance. First, was Friday’s listing of Facebook on NASDAQ, while the latest is a relationship status update, accompanied by a photograph of Zuckerberg and Chan hand in hand in wedding attire.
For those of you curious about the type of a rock that adorns Chan’s finger, you may or may not be surprised to learn that the wedding ring was “a very simple ruby,” designed by Zuckerberg himself.
- Facebook’s privacy-focused clear history tool is set to land in 2019
- Woman finds wedding ring in new Instant Pot, tracks down owner on social media
- Facebook Messenger dark mode rolls out: Here’s how to unlock the hidden feature
- Facebook wants to merge messaging in Messenger, WhatsApp, and Instagram
- Facebook’s long-promised ‘unsend’ feature arrives. Here’s how to use it